Welcome to my blog...

Here's where you will find the latest on what's going on with my books and the movie. It's also a great place to ask questions, where I recommend other books, and post different things bouncing around in my head. Look me up on Facebook and if you want to buy, signed, discounted, copies of my books, head over to http://www.ryannwattersbooks.com/.







Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tour Day 7 - SoCal



We opened the day at St. Genevieve High School in Panorama City, CA (hear LA). Christopher Hopper has been our awesome moderator and challenged the high school kids in their walk with Jesus. This was one of the warmest and best welcomes we have received. As we got out of our van, the school cheerleaders were there to great us and show us where to set up.

After our presentation in the school gym, we split up into groups of two and headed off to teach one of the language arts classes. Bryan Davis and I taught the 11th graders.
We then went to the Bethany Christian School in Sierra Madre and had an hour program for the 4th-6th grade students. This was a fun bunch of students and Barnes & Noble was awesome in their support of the event.

To complete the trio of events for the day, we raced over to Valley Book & Bible store in Van Nuys. Super staff... wide open store with lots of room. Pictured to the left are two new readers to my Ryann Watters that I had a chance to spend some time with.









Wayne Thomas Batson in the midst of a dramatic reading from "The Door Within" series. As an author, this is what you like to see (below) when you walk into a bookstore!!!

No comments:

High School student, Jason Derfuss films a summary video of book 1